Saturday, September 27, 2008

Cold War Kids new album

Cold War Kids just released their sophomore album, Loyalty to Loyalty this past Thursday. I'll admit, at first it took me a hard 46.6 minutes to get through the album. I thought that Nate was pushing a Jeff Buckley slash Morrissey impersonation, and that the form was all over the place. BUT, second time around, I shit you not, starting on Against Privacy (track 1), my thoughts were totally transformed. lets just say, the album turned out to be one of those albums where you have it on volume 11 on your ipod, and you strut to every beat, pretending to play the keys with a huge smile on your face (or that could just be me)

side note: CWK did not know of The Bridge that is a documentary about suicide jumpers jumping off the golden gate bridge, when they wrote Golden Gate Jumper. The documentary is pretty fucking freaky and if you ever want to walk on the bridge depression free, I suggest not to see it, if you can forget, great movie.

The albums is no doubtfully made to be played live and after the performance last night at GAMH (which by the way has the best sound in any venue in the city, possibly northern California) Cold War Kids still got it and fuck whatever Pitchfork says. representing Fullerton bitches. They even switch gender roles in Every Man I Fall For. Well done kids, well done.

dig it
http://www.myspace.com/coldwarkids

1 comment:

Jason Rosete said...

you're right...this album needs to be listened to LOUD. definitely a album to listen to rather than have in the background