Sunday, November 16, 2008

The possibilities are truly endless

Some friends and I were discussing my passionate love of funnel cakes the other night, which not only prompted me to incessantly dream about these rarely encountered but sinfully delectable gifts several hours later in my sleep, it also made me think of all the amazing ways there are to truly enjoy a funnel cake.

Sure, I am used to my usual routine of strawberry topping, whipped cream, powdered sugar and the occasional dollop of chocolate syrup, if I'm feeling saucy.

But what about funnel cakes and cheese?! Sort of like an inverted grilled cheese. That would probably be tasty seeing as those anything fried, doughy or cheesy could never, ever possibly be part of any negative scenario, at least in my cookbook.

Also, a funnel cake scramble. I rarely eat a full, hearty breakfast, but when the occasion presented itself, the funnel cake would substitute regular old toast or biscuits, and simultaneously serve as a plate on which eggs, bacon, sausage and the like could be piled atop. It saves table space and also cuts down dishwashing time for those of you who do not achieve a sort of zen-like meditated relaxtion from cleaning as much as I do.

My friend Jeremy, who has far more culinary expertise than I ever will, also suggested fish and funnel cakes as opposed to your standard fish and chips, which initially didn't really sound all that appealing...but after careful consideration I decided would probably be delicious and a bit sweeter and less greasier.

Any more suggestions?

2 comments:

Sam Heller said...

i cant believe i read this entire blog about funnel cake

Kelly said...

just wait until the book comes out.