Friday, November 14, 2008

Trapped between a hardplace and a hardplace


last night i was riding my bike toward The Bottom of the Hill. I was zipping along the road with a row pf parked cars to my right. As i approached Thee Parkside bar, a cab pulls over and the door swings open and BLAMO! my bike hits hard into the door. i was a bit dazed, so i'm not too clear on what happened, so here is a excerpt of the email from the woman who opened the cab door.

"I'm happy to hear you are ok- considering you flew over a taxi door:) horrible. i think im permanently traumatized and feel that this experience reaffirms that i should never drive a car...ah."

all in all. i walked away with just a few scrapes and bruises. a messed up front wheel, a possible stripped stem, and a new mindset of watching out for car doors.

No comments: